Thursday 22 September 2016

Day 5

So as I said before I'd begrudgingly agreed not to walk on day 5. So dad and I saw mum and morph off as we took the bus to Chesters. (One of the popular historic roman conservations on the wall route.) We had a brief look around on what was a very sunny day. We didn't intend on walk much distance anyway but did have a good look at the Roman baths, it being such a hot day I felt kind of disappointed the bath and spa rooms where no longer in service. So anyway we went and sat, grabbed a tea and looked around some artefacts when I got word from mum she was near by.



















Not much time had elapsed since we left the Half Way House, between 1 and 2 hours maybe. But it was just as well we'd stuck around as we had a brief meet up there.

According to mum the walk was much easier that day than the previous walking day, all besides a very steep hill from Collerford to Heavefield. (If I spelt either of those wrong then I'm sorry, I'm bad at reading hand writing so I may have to correct that later on.)

They ran out of water at one point and so has to ask a a cottage. They later got lost on the route to Corbridge, which is where we we're all meeting and staying that evening. Morph spent as much time in the water as possible that day which was fortunate given the heart.

Myself and dad had taken the bus to Hexham then changed fairly soon after for one to Corbridge, by the time we'd arrived there it was early afternoon and we sort out some shade to eat our lunch. Corbridge is a really nice place, obviously a good tourist attraction but everywhere there has a cosy feel to it and is pleasing to the eye. Me and dad had already had a quick drink in the town and made it (by a compromised detore) to our BnB. And it was around this point I received more word from mum, by this point a little lost, fortunately phone signal was back on the cards and I could use the wifi on the iPad to send over some directions.



















Another unique Bnb, with an old fashioned interior and impressive view from our window. When mum and Morph had arrived, and after a quick bit of research/(wash and change etc) headed for a dog friendly pub. Really nice meal, and friendly people, the dog helped.


So by this point I'd had two full days off of walking, knee was all strapped up and I was hopeful I might be able to continue now the rest of the route wasn't quite as horrifically hilly as what had passed. It was quite jaring after 3 full days walking to be immobile so at that point I was fairly driven to go on, had it not been for that circumstance I'd have probably been wise to take it easy a while.But anyway that's day 6s issue.



















No comments:

Post a Comment